At Move Clinic, our Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are experts in exercise prescription. Like a doctor prescribes medicine, our Exercise Physiologists prescribe exercise.
Their prescriptions can be developed to help you:
• Prevent, manage or treat a complex medical condition such as diabetes, cancer, arthritis, osteoporosis or heart disease (just to name a few)
• Manage musculoskeletal issues like lower back, shoulder or neck pain
• Treat and alleviate the symptoms of a mental health condition, such as depression or PTSD
• Recover from an injury or accident
• Treat chronic pain and fatigue
• Improve your overall health and fitness – You don’t need to be broken or in pain to see us!
Our Exercise Physiologists will work with you in a nurturing environment to understand your health, lifestyle and physical condition to develop a treatment plan that is both achievable and enjoyable. If necessary, they will also work closely with our Physiotherapists and partner Dietitian to deliver an integrated approach to achieving your wellness goals.
Our Exercise Physiologists are Masters qualified and registered with Exercise and Sport Science Australia (ESSA), the peak professional organisation allowing registration with Medicare Australia, the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, WorkCover and most private health insurers.
Gone are the days that exercise is a token piece of advice provided at the end of a GP consult. We now know physical activity is integral in the prevention and treatment of many health conditions.